“Wow – your clothes are so organized” I heard from those who had a chance to see my or my children’s closets. They are very surprised when I tell them that this look is accomplished with just few simple tricks and not with many hours of cleaning.
To see a huge difference you don’t have to introduce all of these tricks right away – start with one or few at the time and I promise that you will see a great improvement.

Tip #1: get matching hangers

Simply replace the hangers in your closet. They don’t have to be fancy & expensive but all of them HAVE TO be exactly: the same color, the same shape, the same everything. Do not make exception – don’t leave even one old hanger behind and you will see marvels results.

Tip #2: categorize

Hang alike items beside each other. I’m not talking about the color – yes of course this would make your closet even more spank and span but who has time for that. I am talking about hanging tank tops with tank tops, t-shirts with t-shirts, long sleeves with longs sleeves, hoodies with hoodies, sweaters with sweaters etc. This will make your closet not only optically more organized but also will make it easier to find what you are looking for.

Tip #3: use closet extender

I have purchased those at first for kids’ closets as I couldn’t stand the waste of space below the main rack. Now I have them in every wardrobe in the house. I love how easily they double the amount of usable space. Additional amount of space allows to hang more cloths and helps categorize them: for example you can hang long sleeves on top & short sleeves at the bottom etc.

Tip # 4: use shelf divider

My newest finds are shelf dividers. I have started using them recently – love them but unfortunately they are a little bit pricey. Pricey but perfect for long shelves where there is a problem with piles of clothes falling one on top the other. These see-through little things make a perfect separator which seamlessly holds piles of clothes together.

Tip #5: use closet organizers

Babies grow so fast so we tend to buy, or receive as a gifts, clothes for them in many different sizes.  I had to be 10 years wiser to learn this simple trick to organize my baby’s clothes. This time around I am using hand made little closet dividers which keep those outfits sorted by the size. No more forgotten beautiful attires that are found only to learn that they are too small already.

Tip #6: fold clothes in a drawer vertically

I think I couldn’t finish the subject of clothes organization without this clever idea: fold clothes in the drawer vertically. Whoever thought about it first is an organizational genius. From the moment I have learned about this little hack, I am folding all the clothes in my drawers the way that helps me to stack them vertically and this allows to see what is available and makes it all accessible. It works greatly, in my home, on both children’s and adults’ garments.

Comments

19/11/2015 12:46

Thank you for sharing this post with us, I am working in Uma and Leopold as a Fashion Designer. You are connected to and affected by your stuff, especially the things closest to you. If the space you live in is small, your closet is very close to you and you are really affected by it. Getting a little more philosophical, your closet itself is a small room or cabinet where you store your things.

16/03/2016 05:16

Organizing clothes was a chore for me. Reading books or watching shows about it didn't increase my motivation because of the supplies needed to keep things tidy. Being neat can be expensive--or in my case it is--because you need ample storage space in a sensible part of your room. There should be enough space to keep denims, shirts, whites and dresses. Maybe it is about the woman that makes organization and clothing essential to your being. Quite necessary to have a process to it.

I definitely agree with this article. My friend is having a hard time to fit all of her clothes and shoes in her closet even though she already has a walk-in closet. She is proud to call herself a shopaholic and that’s why she has so many clothes like the celebrities in Hollywood. We tried every option in fitting all of her things in the closet and it doesn’t look organized. Thankfully, I found this article and we will try these tips as soon as possible. My other friends would also be delighted when they find out about these helpful and easy tips!

30/12/2015 02:45

Very nice tip to carry our dress in wardrobe in a better way.thanks for share this with us i am really glad to be here.

26/02/2016 03:21

Those tips are helpful and good for work however science has helped us appreciate things we would have never appreciated. This we have done after getting the understanding of how and why they happen.

28/03/2016 08:15

I consider that you can do with some percent to power the message home a bit, however other than that, this is fantastic blog. Thanks for the posts, I follow up your tips and learn from it. Thanks for share.

28/03/2016 21:11

I'm so glad that you like my blog and that you found tips included in this post helpful. Thanks for stopping by.

29/03/2016 15:49

Nice tips and tricks, It is necessary to mange the clothes especial of babies because they have more clothes then the common man so keep sharing these information with us.

29/03/2016 16:13

Jason, I am happy that you found those tips useful. Have an awesome and organized day. Margaret.

03/04/2016 23:22

What a beautiful website... I love to hear your idea.

08/04/2016 15:58

Thank you. Hopefully you will come visit more often...

08/04/2016 14:55

Margaret you have share awesome tips. It will surely help me as i always have low space in baby wardrobes.Hope in this way i can save some space.

08/04/2016 15:55

Hi Natasha, I am so glad that those tips may help to organize your nursery and hopefully other closets in you house :)

Wow! Very informative blog I am pleased to read and thanks for your writing

28/05/2016 07:00

These tips are so useful! I like them very much!

02/06/2016 04:22

Many thanks for sharing this info and I'll enjoy to review your following blog post too.

his is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work.

16/06/2016 14:23

Valuable information. Lucky me I found your web site by accident, and I'm shocked why this accident didn't happened earlier! I bookmarked it.

18/06/2016 05:17

It is really necessary to mange the outfits of children because they have more outfits then the typical man so keep discussing these details with us.

nice blog thanks for sharing with us i like this post

Your comment will be posted after it is approved.